Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Changing Eboard Meetings to Sunday Afternoon




At the September Executive Board Meeting, a motion was made to move the Executive Board Meetings to Sunday for the purpose of saving money. I voted in favor of this motion because it's a fine example of pinching the right pennys. In contrast to, just as an example: pinching the wrong pennys by sending -0- floor delegates to the last three conventions. Also in contrast to the politicians at Eboard like to score their last minute hero points by cutting cost and saying NO to spending. (with the exception of UAW golf outing sponsorship We won't go there). We are looking at a challenging financial situation considering the loss of dues money, but a fire department doesn't file it's water bill to cut costs and save money. This is where I have a problem, when the politicians want to grandstand by saying Hey, look at me!! I'm a leader because I can vote NO to all spending. Cutting cost and cutting us off from information and much needed inspiration. This is what I call "pinching the wrong pennys."

I stand behind my decision to vote for the meeting time change. I have second guessed the effective date of the change begining this month and not when the next term begins, but I think that was just a trap that Don Arbo set to see if I would object. Then he or someone else could have said AH HA!!and put it in their leaflet. The days of old, are ending. The hog is now a strip of bacon and 717 will just have to simplify. Let's just make sure we cut the expendable costs first, before we sell our firehose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Google News